List of current 'game-breaking' issues

Discussion in 'H1Z1 General Discussion' started by borntohula, Jan 16, 2015.

1. borntohula

borntohula New Member

People might want to expand on this. These are game-breakers for me, not just glitches or bugs, that should probably be addressed first in order to keep alpha-testers interested.

1. There is no loot to be found anywhere. This might be related to long loot respawn times or not, but the consequence is:

2. Players inevitably die from hunger and/or thirst quickly and the game ends up being a walking simulator with added berries.

3. Zombies are completely passive on most servers. They do make funny noises, so that's a plus.

4. On some servers, zombies are also un-kill-able. Not a real game-breaker (they don't hurt you either), but still.

5. It gets dark at night. Not just dark-ish, but completely I-have-no-idea-where-the-hell-I-am dark. Maybe a brightness slider could fix this. On my monitor, it becomes completely unplayable.

6. An easy way to rebind keys is pretty much essential.

7. More non-US servers are needed.

On a side note; it runs decent on my rig. Not too much lag.

2. SaiyanX

SaiyanX Member

1. There is no loot to be found anywhere. This might be related to long loot respawn times or not, but the consequence is:
    This is a known issue and maybe due to people looting before you get there, it is common in most games though.

2. Players inevitably die from hunger and/or thirst quickly and the game ends up being a walking simulator with added berries.
    Also being discussed in the forums and on Reddit, I feel they need to tweak how fast the hunger and thirst go down. Hopefully be patched soon

3. Zombies are completely passive on most servers. They do make funny noises, so that's a plus.
    not seen this yet so i cnt really comment

4. On some servers, zombies are also un-kill-able. Not a real game-breaker (they don't hurt you either), but still.
    Also not encountered this maybe a laggy server or just a bugged zombie

5. It gets dark at night. Not just dark-ish, but completely I-have-no-idea-where-the-hell-I-am dark. Maybe a brightness slider could fix this. On my monitor, it becomes completely unplayable.

6. An easy way to rebind keys is pretty much essential.
    This is a priority on there to-do list already been said many times

7. More non-US servers are needed.
    Been tweeted a few hours ago that a few hundred more EU server were being installed

On a side note; it runs decent on my rig. Not too much lag.

3. Tommohawk1705

Tommohawk1705 New Member

id like to add server lag to the issues raised, cant loot barely anything due to the 1-2 second delay when looting(always empty). and it isn't my Rig either..

4. Ransurian

Ransurian New Member

Yeah, server lag is definitely the number one issue for me at the moment, followed by passive zombies. I'm not entirely certain if I agree that loot ought to be more common, though. If blackberry bushes were significantly toned down, perhaps...

In general, though, zombies should be more of a threat. They're a bit too slow, they seem to be incapable of opening doors, and they're often erratic as far as whether or not they'll even try to hit players. They're more of a background nuisance than anything. If I had things my way, I'd implement much more difficult, dangerous zombies, and possibly some nasty zombie wildlife (zombie bears would be kickass) on PvE servers. At the moment, PvE is a pointless snoozefest. There's literally no challenge whatsoever.

5. pictish

pictish New Member

While I am getting server lag, I am also getting stuck in animations for instance with bow drawn or the torch one, this is not lag and has happened to other people I am playing with. All the keys stop working for changing weapon(hitting 1 brings up the weapon choices but you can not pick any) and the E key for searching, but you can still use E for gathering berries or sticks but not picking up. You can move about, talk, craft, use inventory all that works fine. You can even drop the bow or torch but are still holding it in game and getting the light animation. Only way out is death and respawn, although even that sometimes does not fix it. On my 3rd 2 hour relog wait now.

6. Ransurian

Ransurian New Member

Pressing E causes my framerate to freeze for a fraction of a second. Constantly tapping it can cause my game to become a slideshow, although my client immediately rebounds to 60 FPS if I'm not actively pressing the key. Anyone else having this issue?

7. BaronVonBoom

BaronVonBoom New Member

Huge desync resulting in a need to force close via task manager (unable to even log out due to it)

Since then unable to log in to any server, can select character, everything up to that point.
    Even waited in a queue but then still nothing.

Servers are getting hammered again I guess =/

8. Kemicaloid

Kemicaloid New Member

You have to add:
    1. Zombie go throught door if they push too much (like you close yourself in a house with some zombie out and if you stand near the door they come in a bit)
    2. You can be hitted when you are closed in a car.

Same here...

9. Ory13

Ory13 Member

Items still re-spawn very slow. )
    And some zombies instant spawn after death, but it's a bug.

10. Amurka

Amurka New Member

I'd say this is a game-breaking issue: The server/game freezes and then CTD's. When I log back in I'm a Bambi (lost all my weapons and gear).

Side note: (after rage-deleting my character on that server) I learned that for some craaaazy reason. the game requires a RESTART when you delete a character off a server. Why the hell can't I just go back to the main menu!?

11. Linus98

Linus98 New Member

We want sleeping bags to respawn at our base!

12. trupciks

trupciks New Member

No we dont

13. Ory13

Ory13 Member

I've still severe lag issues in a popular location on the map like the Pleasant Valley city on the Alpha server (first person view only/current server population high.)
    I run a high end PC now - so it's not my hardware with updated drivers.
    I can't find H1Z1 on the Nvidia gpu list yet.
    Updated: 'Log out' inside a building (police station dungeon in Pleasant Valley city is the exact location) - I can't relog into the game after 5 minutes due to phonecall.

#13 Ory13, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  14. Ransurian

Ransurian New Member

This. So much this. Nothing has ruined my desire to play quite like H1Z1's CTDs that inexplicably cause character wipes.

15. Fonsworth

Fonsworth Member

The only "game breaking" issues I have had are client freezes and crashes. Calling a feature or game mechanic "game breaking" to me is a bit over-the-top whinging. The game is not broken, it's in development and constructive feedback is needed. Maybe its just me but when people throw around the term game breaking and dont refer to something that is actually breaking the software but just a feature or mechanic they don't like it just comes across as if they are whining and using the term game breaking to sound more dramatic

16. EJT91

EJT91 Member

When you fight zombie in a close combat , once zombie is laying down on ground its still attacking

I have question too , does the loot restarts ? because if it does my doesnt , when i go search the places i was searching the day before , there is no more loot in does place's

#16 EJT91, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  17. Ory13

Ory13 Member

Only food/vehicles/water respawns at the moment, but most of the loot spawn is still buged - I think @CohhCarnage tweeted about it earlier too on his priv. server.

#17 Ory13, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  18. PersonalIssues

More Zombies!!! they aren't that smart but you can still add more to compensate :)

19. DrVudo

DrVudo Member

I have heard that zombies will be more aggressive soon and 200 more non-US servers are coming.

The one problem I see is: getting metal. There is a single point of failure and that is a crowbar. You do not have a crowbar and crafting is shutdown. I have never seen any metal on a vehicle and you can not make a crowbar.

To fix this problem: make it possible to construct a crowbar-like item that allows people to craft. Someone suggested using two metal pipes.

Another problem is the many large square dirt mounds everywhere. They can be put in very obstructive places just to cause problems , nothing constructive.

20. Masher

Masher New Member

What's game breaking for me right now are the major dupe glitches out there, need to be fixed asap. Not just talking about ammo either. Having just watched it on a stream where a guy was able to dupe guns as well as other items. Kills my motivation to play right now.