H1Z1 Forum » General Talk » Off-Topic » How far back?

Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 AM
RoboRyan

Mentioned: Post(s)
Default How far back?

Very simple question..

If you could have a choice when you were born what time era would it have been and why?

Very simple for me to answer..

I would have preferred to have been born in the late 1800's because back then morals seemed like they truly meant something..
And the world didn't seem like it was all rush and hurry paced.

I know there was not as much back then like there is now ..so it seemed a lot easier to not have to see the world that it is today with all kinds of wars, hatred greed and the like.

What's your say? When would you wish you were born anytime up to the year 2014?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This question was on The Office US. Weird fact. Back to the question, I would pick the early 90's. This just seems like such a cool time to be a teenager. There was so much cool music coming out at that time.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Civilian

I was born in 1988 and am happy with it that way. I grew up with people still playing outside and stuff like that, but I was still able to enjoy technology. I don't think I would trade that for anything.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Civilian

I would choose the 70' or 80's. I kinda like the music from back then, alle the great artists etc. Life was a little bit easier too I guess, people lived more comfortably because they had a better income than now.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Refugee

I think it would have been fun to be born around 1900, just because I like reading up on 30-40's politics and what not, but the more I think about it I realize something. Since I was born in the 90's that's who I am. If I was born earlier or something, that wouldn't be "me", and enjoy who I am.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

ZCoins: 589
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

1996. I love everything the way it is. I just turned 18 :3.

Also, I would highly enjoy being born during world war 2. Test my chances at being a veteran. No joke. :O Not actually enjoy, but you get the idea.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Civilian

I would probably go back to either the 1800's or the 90's. 1800's because yes, it seems like the times are more simpler, no fancy technology, no useless crap you have to think of. If you can till soil then you'll live fine. The 90's because, well its the times where everything is much more simple. Everybody seemed to be fine with their lives and it's not as complicated as we make it unlike today.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Scavenger

I'd go back to the early 70's and live through the 80's and 90's to live the golden era of Rock. It means a lot to me so that reason alone is enough for me to forget everything in this reality :P
Old 05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Civilian

I was born in 1995 and I see no reason why I would want to change that, living back in the olden days, even though it would be cool I may not even like it, I would much prefer a time machine so I could check to see how it really was before choosing when I was born.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:04 PM
Refugee

If I had to choose without going back first I'd say the 60's-2000
Old 05-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Civilian

I'd actually want to be born as late as possible. I think it's getting better all the time, and it was simply worse before. Surely there were lots of things that was better, like music for example, but I definately think that the future has enough potential for me not to want to live in an earlier era. The future has such possibilites, and the biggest worry I have in life is not being alive to experience the future technological advancements. I suppose, in a second life, I may. Or if we succeed with the singularity, and immortality is achieved, or something like that: but now I'm going off topic...

Anyway, if I was guaranteed to become the exact same person as I am today, with the same beliefs/opinions/thoughts/everything, I would choose to be born today, as late as possible. If it would mean that I would be a differnet person however, I wouldn't want to sacrifice a thing in the world for that, I'd hate to be someone I'm not right now.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:07 AM
Civilian

If I could be born in another time era it would be the early 1700's. The average height for a man was around 65". At 6'2" (74") I'd be a giant.

v/r
Ironback