Hired Ops Set for Steam Early Access Release This Year
AbsolutSoft has officially announced that the new first-person online multiplayer shooter Hired Ops is due out for Steam and it will hit Early Access in Q4 2014. You can also check out a new trailer for the game at this link.
Hired Ops is a session-based online shooter that focuses on conflicts between
rival mercenary groups battling on a global scale. Using weapons and special equipment, players take part in armed encounters, unite into private military companies, carry out contracts, build bases and aggressively compete with each other - all for the sake of domination in the world mercenary market. Overall, the game has five different fighter classes, which each have an elaborately crafted skill system and an arsenal rich in weapon variety and weapon modifications.
Another big focus on the game is its opposing clans and the strife between them. As a result, players will be able to make a name for themselves and their clan in order to achieve superiority in the market place of PMCs.
Here are some of the game's key features:
* Dangerous flashpoint missions - Engage in lightning-fast assaults of fortified areas, search and destroy missions against VIP operators, stealthy night ops using night vision devices and thermal imaging sights, and the total neutralization of the enemy forces in "Elimination" mode.
* Acquire unique skills - A multipath skill tree allows players to fine-tune their character to suit their play-style, turning operators either into a noiseless reconnaissance agent, ruthless combatant or something in-between.
* Character customization system - Change your character's appearance, from general physical features to camo sets. Camouflage is not just decorative, but can be an important factor in mission success. Players are also free to add other visually distinguishing features to help their characters visually stand out among other mercs.
* An extensive and customizable arsenal - Over a hundred designs based on modern small arms and more than 80 different modifications for them are available to players.
* The true spirit of the merc - Every player picks their contracts, carries out the hardest tasks and increases their reputation in the market of PMCs! It is entirely up to the player on how much they will earn, what their future contracts will be and where will they rank among their friends and foes.
* A global-scale battle - Battle through a Russian emergency satellite facility, an Arctic research station, an abandoned desert village, an office complex, a railway station and many other locations on a worldwide battlefield.
* Advanced tactical capabilities - Realistic combat tactics, including recoil control, peeking out, combined scopes, laser designators and flashlights, calls for support, use of specialized ammunition and devices are all going to contribute to your success or failure as a PMC operator.
* Competitive Hardcore mode - It doesn't get any more realistic than this ...combatants suffer persistent wounds, contusions and other injuries that affect gameplay and combat capability.
* Personalized PMC (private military company) - Players will be able to build bases for upgrading special clan skills and extra clan-based contracts. PMC's will also have access to unique weapons, modules and camouflages as rewards.
Hired Ops will be available later this year on Steam Early Access for PC.