H1Z1 Forum » H1Z1 Forums » H1Z1 General Discussion » List of current 'game-breaking' issues

Old 01-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Scavenger

ZCoins: 249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Making metal more common or add a stone grade of tools that would be weaker than metal tools in order to allow new players to get on their feet quicker,

Read more on this: http://h1z1forum.com/showthread.php?t=4974
Old 01-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Scavenger

ZCoins: 381

Serious server lag issues at the moment (1-3 seconds delay in-game.)
Old 01-25-2015, 12:00 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 4

Server or game crashing and when we rejoin all the loot you have stored in base storage is gone. Didn't get looted as was only out of game for 30 sec.

FIX IT NOW......
Old 01-26-2015, 05:57 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 3

forests and nights are very dark on medium-low settings and completely fullbright on high-ultra

so if i want some shadows and color im at quite a disadvantage against people with high settings night vision

http://i.imgur.com/n799Xaz.jpg

Last edited by cloolvl; 01-26-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Scavenger

ZCoins: 358

Barbed Wire and Punji Sticks don't work at the time I type this. Mobs and players can walk straight through it as if it wasn't there, without taking damage.

I was playing with 2 friends and we all noticed this when wolves and zombies just walked through it and attacked us. We tried it as well in case it was a mob-related bug only, with the above results.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 41

Containers disappearing is causing most of my 20+ group to quit
Old 01-31-2015, 06:23 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 119

no loot at all
Old 02-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

ZCoins: 91,603
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Default What server r u on

Some servers are so easy that they serve no purpose other than maybe 4 hours of training on your first time playing, to learn the map, crafting ect..

Not to high of a pop ever, it stays in the medium range so the loot is very sustainable for the pop. Perhaps loot spawning needs to be in proportion to pop?

And I have never had my loot box empty out or disappear.

Last edited by THESEVENSGUY; 02-02-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian View Post
Pressing E causes my framerate to freeze for a fraction of a second. Constantly tapping it can cause my game to become a slideshow, although my client immediately rebounds to 60 FPS if I'm not actively pressing the key. Anyone else having this issue?
I get that problem when I open my inventory. It's a nightmare.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:22 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiyanX View Post
1. There is no loot to be found anywhere. This might be related to long loot respawn times or not, but the consequence is:
This is a known issue and maybe due to people looting before you get there, it is common in most games though.

2. Players inevitably die from hunger and/or thirst quickly and the game ends up being a walking simulator with added berries.
Also being discussed in the forums and on Reddit, I feel they need to tweak how fast the hunger and thirst go down. Hopefully be patched soon

3. Zombies are completely passive on most servers. They do make funny noises, so that's a plus.
not seen this yet so i cnt really comment

4. On some servers, zombies are also un-kill-able. Not a real game-breaker (they don't hurt you either), but still.
Also not encountered this maybe a laggy server or just a bugged zombie

5. It gets dark at night. Not just dark-ish, but completely I-have-no-idea-where-the-hell-I-am dark. Maybe a brightness slider could fix this. On my monitor, it becomes completely unplayable.

6. An easy way to rebind keys is pretty much essential.
This is a priority on there to-do list already been said many times

7. More non-US servers are needed.
Been tweeted a few hours ago that a few hundred more EU server were being installed

On a side note; it runs decent on my rig. Not too much lag.

I ended up on this forum after searching "Dark screen" in H1Z1 and it's the question you didn't answer here. The other ones you couldn't answer, you at least said you couldn't answer. What Irony.

This is a legitimate game breaker for me. It seems to actually be getting worse too. Strange. Brand new monitor. Runs everything else fine.

I know that it's supposed to be realistic with the darkness, and I actually really liked that about the game when I started playing a week ago, until randomly it just got extra dark and I'm running with my friends, and immediately lose them. In some places it's pitch black. My friend was able to make it lighter on his screen by dropping the graphics settings to the lowest. Maybe it has something to do with ambient occlusion. That worked for me too, though the graphics were awful, but now it doesn't work. Strange.

Another issue I have with the game is that often when loot drops from a zombie I can't bring up the "loot item" by hovering over it with my mouse. I have to screw around crouching and going prone and moving around till it finally shows up. Then when I press "E", it either doesn't do anything, or takes a while.

That's not game breaking for me. I use the phrase "game breaking" for serious issues, like things that don't let me play the way it's meant to be played. Never ending lag is a game breaker when you can't shoot somebody and he kills you because you lagged.

Kind of frustrating that the only way to ensure your items are safe, yo have to mule them, as in, log off with them. Items disappear from stashes when no one could have looted them, and since metal gates with locks don't stop players from getting in, there's no point in putting items in boxes in your shelter base and logging off.

You give me the ability to make a home in the game, but not the ability to protect it. Wtf?

I understand it's in alpha. It's just frustrating for me because I actually LOVE this game. I've been addicted to it since I first started playing. Clocked about 60 hours in the last week. So when I'm having so much fun and then some glitch, bug or something else causes everything I worked for to just disappear like that, it's annoying. I like to think I get what I have because I"m good, and lucky fuckers get lucky for a while, then lose, but there is no certainty with anything in this game. Doesn't matter how pro you are, you just lose everything, over and over again. There is no end game goal for me if I can't know I can ensure what I've got.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:09 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 4

What's breaking the game? How about players blocking off the Police Station with furnaces?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Refugee

ZCoins: 39

the map is way 2 small for 200 players. improove loot for highpop servers or enlarge the map. also from 200 people on a server, 180 run around with a bow. while the lucky 5 % that actually found a gun or guarding the police station with a big group you cant fight as a solo player.

takes out alot of fun. if you run around for hours looting and than just get shot.

and no i dont want to play on lowpop servers. i just want a balanced loot system where everyone is able to find cool stuff after you put some time into looting.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:07 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 8

I have to say that axes are underpowered. I hit a guy 6 times and 1 time with a combat knife. he didnt even bleed. and he shot me twice and killed me.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:44 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 22

@op

first 4 are fixed , u should update your post.

and agree on 6 and 7
is a pain in the ass rebind keys, and sometimes after a mayor update the user config file is deleted ffs!
Old 02-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Survivor

ZCoins: 815
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Gamer IDs:
Steam ID: Doxipunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian View Post
Yeah, server lag is definitely the number one issue for me at the moment, followed by passive zombies. I'm not entirely certain if I agree that loot ought to be more common, though. If blackberry bushes were significantly toned down, perhaps...

In general, though, zombies should be more of a threat. They're a bit too slow, they seem to be incapable of opening doors, and they're often erratic as far as whether or not they'll even try to hit players. They're more of a background nuisance than anything. If I had things my way, I'd implement much more difficult, dangerous zombies, and possibly some nasty zombie wildlife (zombie bears would be kickass) on PvE servers. At the moment, PvE is a pointless snoozefest. There's literally no challenge whatsoever.
only challenge in PVE right now is trying to hide your loot boxes so asshats stop bugging and glitching their way into your sheds .. atm i don't know what to do since making forts and hiding loot boxes is useless , people just logout and logback in and walk through your shed walls o.o
Old 02-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Survivor

ZCoins: 815
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Gamer IDs:
Steam ID: Doxipunk

we REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY ned something to remove the buildings we place .. since eeything has no colision and just gltiches and over laps everyting and ends up bugging and messing everyting up ,...
Old 02-12-2015, 08:20 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 15

I know this has been mentioned a few times but the loot is absolutely shocking! I just introduced my brother to the game, spent 2 hours running around searching EVERYTHING and found absolutely no loot at all. Nothing. Not even an empty bottle or something usually quite common!

I haven't played in a couple of weeks so missed the last few updates but when I did last play there was actually loot to be had from vehicles and houses / containers etc..
I tried switching to 4 different servers to check it wasn't just bad luck on my part. Definately a crap first experience for my brother thats for sure

Everyone else having problems with not finding any loot anywhere? I think the servers I tried were London , Hellsent, Asgard and I can't quite remember the last one.. Began with a K.. Kishnavia or something like that.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Civilian

ZCoins: 173
Gamer IDs:
Steam ID: Redpandarawr

Had my jeep transform into a pickup truck. Same durability etc, so nobody switched it out and to be honest, who would switch them out?
Old 02-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Refugee

ZCoins: 64

930 next day still having a loot problem. Cant even get started for the day I was gonna spend the whole day on your game but unless you restart servers for loot. I dont think i will
Old 02-15-2015, 04:32 AM
Refugee

ZCoins: 48

While this game has a lot of issues right now, they are making a lot of progress very fast.