H1Z1 Forum » H1Z1 Forums » H1Z1 General Discussion » List of current 'game-breaking' issues

Old 01-16-2015, 11:59 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default List of current 'game-breaking' issues

People might want to expand on this. These are game-breakers for me, not just glitches or bugs, that should probably be addressed first in order to keep alpha-testers interested.

1. There is no loot to be found anywhere. This might be related to long loot respawn times or not, but the consequence is:

2. Players inevitably die from hunger and/or thirst quickly and the game ends up being a walking simulator with added berries.

3. Zombies are completely passive on most servers. They do make funny noises, so that's a plus.

4. On some servers, zombies are also un-kill-able. Not a real game-breaker (they don't hurt you either), but still.

5. It gets dark at night. Not just dark-ish, but completely I-have-no-idea-where-the-hell-I-am dark. Maybe a brightness slider could fix this. On my monitor, it becomes completely unplayable.

6. An easy way to rebind keys is pretty much essential.

7. More non-US servers are needed.

On a side note; it runs decent on my rig. Not too much lag.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:06 PM
Ranger

ZCoins: 1,028
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: SaiyanX1 Steam ID: SaiyanX

1. There is no loot to be found anywhere. This might be related to long loot respawn times or not, but the consequence is:
This is a known issue and maybe due to people looting before you get there, it is common in most games though.

2. Players inevitably die from hunger and/or thirst quickly and the game ends up being a walking simulator with added berries.
Also being discussed in the forums and on Reddit, I feel they need to tweak how fast the hunger and thirst go down. Hopefully be patched soon

3. Zombies are completely passive on most servers. They do make funny noises, so that's a plus.
not seen this yet so i cnt really comment

4. On some servers, zombies are also un-kill-able. Not a real game-breaker (they don't hurt you either), but still.
Also not encountered this maybe a laggy server or just a bugged zombie

5. It gets dark at night. Not just dark-ish, but completely I-have-no-idea-where-the-hell-I-am dark. Maybe a brightness slider could fix this. On my monitor, it becomes completely unplayable.

This is a priority on there to-do list already been said many times

Been tweeted a few hours ago that a few hundred more EU server were being installed

Vegeta : "Welcome to the end of your life. And I promise itís going to hurt"
Old 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 33

id like to add server lag to the issues raised, cant loot barely anything due to the 1-2 second delay when looting(always empty). and it isn't my Rig either..
Old 01-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 107

Yeah, server lag is definitely the number one issue for me at the moment, followed by passive zombies. I'm not entirely certain if I agree that loot ought to be more common, though. If blackberry bushes were significantly toned down, perhaps...

In general, though, zombies should be more of a threat. They're a bit too slow, they seem to be incapable of opening doors, and they're often erratic as far as whether or not they'll even try to hit players. They're more of a background nuisance than anything. If I had things my way, I'd implement much more difficult, dangerous zombies, and possibly some nasty zombie wildlife (zombie bears would be kickass) on PvE servers. At the moment, PvE is a pointless snoozefest. There's literally no challenge whatsoever.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:21 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 16

While I am getting server lag, I am also getting stuck in animations for instance with bow drawn or the torch one, this is not lag and has happened to other people I am playing with. All the keys stop working for changing weapon(hitting 1 brings up the weapon choices but you can not pick any) and the E key for searching, but you can still use E for gathering berries or sticks but not picking up. You can move about, talk, craft, use inventory all that works fine. You can even drop the bow or torch but are still holding it in game and getting the light animation. Only way out is death and respawn, although even that sometimes does not fix it. On my 3rd 2 hour relog wait now.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Civilian

Pressing E causes my framerate to freeze for a fraction of a second. Constantly tapping it can cause my game to become a slideshow, although my client immediately rebounds to 60 FPS if I'm not actively pressing the key. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:38 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 26
Gamer IDs:
Steam ID: baronvonboom

Huge desync resulting in a need to force close via task manager (unable to even log out due to it)

Since then unable to log in to any server, can select character, everything up to that point.
Even waited in a queue but then still nothing.

Servers are getting hammered again I guess =/
Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
People might want to expand on this. These are game-breakers for me, not just glitches or bugs, that should probably be addressed first in order to keep alpha-testers interested.

You have to add:
1. Zombie go throught door if they push too much (like you close yourself in a house with some zombie out and if you stand near the door they come in a bit)
2. You can be hitted when you are closed in a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian View Post
Pressing E causes my framerate to freeze for a fraction of a second. Constantly tapping it can cause my game to become a slideshow, although my client immediately rebounds to 60 FPS if I'm not actively pressing the key. Anyone else having this issue?
Same here...
Old 01-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Scavenger

ZCoins: 381

Items still re-spawn very slow. )
And some zombies instant spawn after death, but it's a bug.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:44 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 13

I'd say this is a game-breaking issue: The server/game freezes and then CTD's. When I log back in I'm a Bambi (lost all my weapons and gear).

Side note: (after rage-deleting my character on that server) I learned that for some craaaazy reason. the game requires a RESTART when you delete a character off a server. Why the hell can't I just go back to the main menu!?
Old 01-19-2015, 02:11 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 13

We want sleeping bags to respawn at our base!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus98 View Post
We want sleeping bags to respawn at our base!
No we dont
Old 01-20-2015, 01:06 AM
Scavenger

I've still severe lag issues in a popular location on the map like the Pleasant Valley city on the Alpha server (first person view only/current server population high.)
I run a high end PC now - so it's not my hardware with updated drivers.
I can't find H1Z1 on the Nvidia gpu list yet.
Updated: 'Log out' inside a building (police station dungeon in Pleasant Valley city is the exact location) - I can't relog into the game after 5 minutes due to phonecall.

Last edited by Ory13; 01-20-2015 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:17 AM
Civilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amurka View Post
I'd say this is a game-breaking issue: The server/game freezes and then CTD's. When I log back in I'm a Bambi (lost all my weapons and gear).

Side note: (after rage-deleting my character on that server) I learned that for some craaaazy reason. the game requires a RESTART when you delete a character off a server. Why the hell can't I just go back to the main menu!?
This. So much this. Nothing has ruined my desire to play quite like H1Z1's CTDs that inexplicably cause character wipes.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The only "game breaking" issues I have had are client freezes and crashes. Calling a feature or game mechanic "game breaking" to me is a bit over-the-top whinging. The game is not broken, it's in development and constructive feedback is needed. Maybe its just me but when people throw around the term game breaking and dont refer to something that is actually breaking the software but just a feature or mechanic they don't like it just comes across as if they are whining and using the term game breaking to sound more dramatic
Old 01-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 164
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: Ejotprb Steam ID: ejot91

When you fight zombie in a close combat , once zombie is laying down on ground its still attacking

I have question too , does the loot restarts ? because if it does my doesnt , when i go search the places i was searching the day before , there is no more loot in does place's

Last edited by EJT91; 01-20-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Scavenger

Only food/vehicles/water respawns at the moment, but most of the loot spawn is still buged - I think @CohhCarnage tweeted about it earlier too on his priv. server.

Last edited by Ory13; 01-22-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Scavenger

ZCoins: 249

More Zombies!!! they aren't that smart but you can still add more to compensate
Old 01-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Survivor

ZCoins: 603

I have heard that zombies will be more aggressive soon and 200 more non-US servers are coming.

The one problem I see is: getting metal. There is a single point of failure and that is a crowbar. You do not have a crowbar and crafting is shutdown. I have never seen any metal on a vehicle and you can not make a crowbar.

To fix this problem: make it possible to construct a crowbar-like item that allows people to craft. Someone suggested using two metal pipes.

Another problem is the many large square dirt mounds everywhere. They can be put in very obstructive places just to cause problems , nothing constructive.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 6

What's game breaking for me right now are the major dupe glitches out there, need to be fixed asap. Not just talking about ammo either. Having just watched it on a stream where a guy was able to dupe guns as well as other items. Kills my motivation to play right now.