H1Z1 Forum » H1Z1 Forums » H1Z1 Bugs and Technical Support » H1Z1 graphics flicker/shimmer

Old 12-15-2016, 08:45 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default H1Z1 graphics flicker/shimmer

Long story short I'm encountering a horrible problem. Whenever I move about in-game everything seems to flicker/shimmer. It's hard to explain. Such as buildings, trees and fences seem to flicker when I move.
I tried recording the problem but for some reason it doesn't even look half as bad in the video than what I'm seeing on my screen when playing. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77tec9VrqJc

As an example of what I'm actually seeing, watch this video, I know it's not the same game but this is exactly what I'm having! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn57t5p_QZ8

I did find a solution to fixing the problem. But this breaks the game for me, for example, I lost a solid 30-50 FPS when changing this setting and for some reason it feels like my bullets do not register.
What I did was go into the H1Z1 folder Useroptions and changed a setting called "HDPixelPlus=1.000000". If I change the value to "HDPixelPlus=2.000000" the flickering and shimmering almost dissppears, the game looks perfect visually. But as I stated before I lose a ton of FPS and in-game shooting doesn't feel... efficient as if I had the HDPixelPlus setting on default.

I do hope I made sense out of this, I haven't slept. I've tried so many solutions to fix this.

What can I do to fix this problem? Every other person who owns this game such as streamers all game HDPixelPlus=1.0000000 setting, nobody has to change it like I did to fix the flicker/shimmer problem.

Please help me!