H1Z1 Forum » H1Z1 Forums » H1Z1 Guides and Tutorials » Tips For Your first time Playing

Old 06-16-2015, 08:16 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Gamer IDs:
PSN ID: greenmaxy Steam ID: TheGreenSniper
Lightbulb Tips For Your first time Playing

First of all: Don't go running around in the middle of the road the second you find civilization... I learned that the hard way
The first thing you should do is tear up your shirt(Not In Real Life) .
The reason you do this is so that you can make a bow this is usually the first weapon you will have/other than a branch. The way to craft a bow is with 1 cloth and 1 wood stick the way you get this is by pressing "E" on certain plants.
The second mistake I made was I started in a PvP Server. Try Playing In a PvE Server to get used to the game so you don't get your head shot off in the first 5 minutes trying to figure out what your inventory is.
Third and final thing is: Craft a satchel to hold more items! This will make it so that you wont have to drop things that you want for other things you want. You Might need to scavenge from some wrecked cars to get cloth to craft it. It takes 6 scraps of cloth to make so it can be easily made. Once you are done you can go out into the city and practice on a PvE server or go straight to PvP. Hope you have fun and do the three things that I forgot to do.
So far I enjoy every second of this game, Except when its down...
#TheGreenSniper

Old 06-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Experienced Ranger

ZCoins: 533
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

My tips....

Find food / water: blackberries, this will give you some breathing space, also prevent you from dehydrating or dying of starvation.

Find a weapon, any weapon, a branch will suffice till you can find a populated area and a better weapon. camp sites house numerous weapons, if you know where you are, you can locate a camp site easily enough. (if your on pvp server, less risky too...)

Water is always an issue that is your next priority, The eastern road out of pv houses camp sites and wells, south road by the church has a well.

Purified water seems to be fairly common in houses at the moment...

Head to a populated area, to find equipment, backpack or make your own. Make bandages too and depending on where you spawned head to opfer for a recurve bow and then to Misty Peak Dam for armor and weapons and backpack... (toughie if your on pvp server, but if your careful its possible, or head to a smaller town or hamlet). remember you can make a compass from purified water and a metal shard...

If your north of pv, there is recurve bow just outside the gas station, and the firestation houses weapons and backpacks...

Cranberry having a police station will also carry the same stuff...

Along the way, loot cars for weapon repair kits (except south road of pv)

Once you got that in order, you can then turn your attention to anything else...

If your heading to the dam, I suggest you take plenty of water and food as its a long wander round that dam. While your hunting for armor, weapons and backpack you might be in there a while... Despite it being a dam, i often find other players do not have any water when they arrive there...(irony?)

Last edited by lskyus; 06-16-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:31 AM
Civilian

ZCoins: 30

Great tips thanks!!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Survivor

ZCoins: 137
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Gamer IDs:
Steam ID: BigMuuk

Don't feed the bears!
Old 06-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Refugee

ZCoins: 52

Very helpful tips!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 14

Another great tip is try to get a IRL friend or just a friend on steam you know that plays h1z1 so you're not alone and if you do make a friend they don't shoot you cause you got some sexy pants on 20 minutes later. Trust no one but your IRL and TS3 friends
Twitch.tv/suavecito_Tv

However, I joined on a PvE server after thinking the pvp servers had no zombies after parading around looking for one, I did come across several structures and a base with like 5 people saying that they'll raid me and i'm not sure what they can do because its no pvp
Old 11-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 68

very useful!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:00 AM
Refugee

ZCoins: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenSniper View Post
First of all: Don't go running around in the middle of the road the second you find civilization... I learned that the hard way
The first thing you should do is tear up your shirt(Not In Real Life) .
The reason you do this is so that you can make a bow this is usually the first weapon you will have/other than a branch. The way to craft a bow is with 1 cloth and 1 wood stick the way you get this is by pressing "E" on certain plants.
The second mistake I made was I started in a PvP Server. Try Playing In a PvE Server to get used to the game so you don't get your head shot off in the first 5 minutes trying to figure out what your inventory is.
Third and final thing is: Craft a satchel to hold more items! This will make it so that you wont have to drop things that you want for other things you want. You Might need to scavenge from some wrecked cars to get cloth to craft it. It takes 6 scraps of cloth to make so it can be easily made. Once you are done you can go out into the city and practice on a PvE server or go straight to PvP. Hope you have fun and do the three things that I forgot to do.
So far I enjoy every second of this game, Except when its down...
#TheGreenSniper
Great tips!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:36 PM
n00b

ZCoins: 30

Thx
Old 02-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Refugee

ZCoins: 36

thanks for the tips, hopefully this will come in handy
Old 05-31-2016, 02:48 AM
Civilian

ZCoins: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozik View Post
Very helpful tips!
I agree with you. One of the best set of tips that I can find on the Internet.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:48 AM
Civilian

Thank you very much for making the set of amazing tips.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:49 AM
Civilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzNad View Post
thanks for the tips, hopefully this will come in handy
Definitely. These tips will definitely come handy.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Civilian

ZCoins: 47

My tip is Dont play alone.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:00 AM
Refugee

ZCoins: 53

Well, I actually just started playing this game and the only tip I really followed was the second one, fortunately I did not get my head blown off the first five minutes, I am still learning the mechanics and everything about crafting and weapons, it's such a great game which have way too many features, got to get used to all of them, it will take me a while though.
Thank you for sharing those tips, they're probably going to be really helpful for many new players like me :P
Old 08-04-2016, 12:34 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 23

Wow.. those are some really practical tips and tricks. At this rate, I will be a pro in no time.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:35 AM
n00b

ZCoins: 23

Just wondering, if I have any questions as a newbie, is this the place where I can ask them? Or is there a special place to post them? I'm still familiarizing myself with the interface so it might take a while...
Old 08-04-2016, 03:11 AM
Refugee

ZCoins: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndint View Post
Just wondering, if I have any questions as a newbie, is this the place where I can ask them? Or is there a special place to post them? I'm still familiarizing myself with the interface so it might take a while...
Well, you could actually post a topic on the General Discussion area in order to get it looked at as soon as possible, I personally think that's the only way you can get your problem solved, however, you could try to use the search feature of the forum to find whatever you might need, if you do not find anything then you can go ahead and post a thread with your question.
Good luck!

Tags
first10minsofgame