H1Z1 Forum » General Talk » Graphics Design » [Tutorial] How to use your image signature properly!

Old 02-21-2015, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

ZCoins: 3,498
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Gamer IDs:
Steam ID: Zemoose ☆ ( steamcommunity.com/id/Zimuus )
Lightbulb [Tutorial] How to use your image signature properly!

It seems like there are some common issues/misunderstandings with the signature system so I will make a quick tutorial that hopefully will help you!
If this didn't work for you or have some questions, feel free to post a reply!

Open the spoiler for the tutorial!
Spoiler: 
For this tutorial I will be using the image below as my signature, I recommend you use it as well so you can compare your result to the one here. Once yours is the same as mine, you can simply replace the image URL with your own signature!

Now there are two ways to use your signature and we will cover them both.

The first method - Uploading an image from your computer:
Spoiler: 
Complete the following steps!

Step 1: We will use a photo-sharing website to upload the image from your computer so that we can use it on your signature, I highly recommend the website Imgur. Click the link to visit Imgur.
Note: The website is free for anyone to use, I am not responsible for anything anyone else has uploaded to it. Use at your own discretion.

Step 2: Find the "Upload Images" button and click it.

Step 3: Now either drag your image from your computer to box that pops-up or click "browse your computer" and select it that way.

Step 4: Now you should be able to click "Start Upload"

Step 5: It will start uploading your image, be patient! Once it is completed, it will bring you to your image.

Step 6: Right-click on your image and select "Copy image URL"

Now you're done, yay! Go to the "Setting your Signature" step to continue!

The second method - Using an image from the internet:

Spoiler: 
QUICK NOTE: Some image simply don't work due to the image URL not being supported, if this happens simply save the image to your computer and use the first method above!

Step 1: Right-click on the image you wish to use and select "Copy image URL"

Now that you have copied your image URL, we will now use that to make your signature.

Setting your Signature:
Spoiler: 
Now that we have the image you wish to use we will apply it to your signature. Complete the following steps!

Step 1: Visit your CP (control panel) by going to the top right of the page, highlighting your name and clicking "User CP". Alternatively, click here.

Step 2: On the far left of the page you will see multiple options, scroll down to the category "Settings & Options" and click "Edit Signature".

Step 3: Now here is the place you can make a new signature or edit an old one, you can even preview it before saving! This box has a few tags I recommend you mess around with. For a tutorial on how tags work, visit the "Signature Tags" section!

Step 4: Using the image tags, we will apply your signature. Copy the following code and paste your image URL to replace "YOUR IMG URL HERE".
NOTE: This will replace your image URL you already have copied so make sure to either paste that first or keep your image handy!

Code:
[IMG]YOUR IMG URL HERE[/IMG]
Now you're done, yay! Your signature should now work properly. For extra things you can do with your signature, visit the "Using Signature Tags" step to continue!

You should have your signature done now! You can go more advanced using Signature Tags below!

Using Signature Tags:

Spoiler: 
Here I will teach you how tags work and some of the tags that are available to you here.

Tags are basically little settings that you can use to make your post/signature look better. They work by using brackets. Now this system can be a bit complex at first so make sure to mess around with it for a bit to learn them!

This is an example of how tags work:
[This is the start of a tag] [/This is the end of a tag]
You can see that tags always end using a "/". Anything in-between these two tags will have the effect of whatever that tag is.

Here are some tags I recommend using on your signature:
Note: These will only show the starter tag (without brackets), make sure you add brackets & end the tag by repeating it and adding a "/" to the start of the ending tag! I do this because these tags affect this post otherwise.
CENTER - This tag will allow your signature to sit in the center of your post instead of being aligned to the left.
B - This tag make any text you have in-between bold.
Example of bold.
I - This tag will make any text in-between italic.
Example of italic.
U - This tag will make any text in-between underlined.
Example of underline.

All of these tags are represented by icons above your posts/signature page so make sure to explore them and figure out all the neat things you can do such as colour!

Sorry for the huge read, I hoped this helped!

Old 02-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Nomad

ZCoins: 488
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: oKevy Steam ID: oKevy

It was a struggle for me at first to get the signature right. This will help a lot of people new to the forums.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:48 AM
Civilian

ZCoins: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

make it a sticky !
Old 02-21-2015, 08:32 AM
Zombie Enthusiast

ZCoins: 1,071
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: Real Wreckage Steam ID: TeamChamber

Nice tutorial Zimmus, my only cunstructive criticism would be to add some pictures to better help other members understand the process.

If I helped you please refer me in this thread: http://h1z1forum.com/showthread.php?t=5739
Old 02-21-2015, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

ZCoins: 589
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Adding to my tutorial page thingy. GJ and thanks
Old 02-22-2015, 06:04 AM
Ranger

ZCoins: 870
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: Uhzr12 Steam ID: Uhzr11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimuus View Post
It seems like there are some common issues/misunderstandings with the signature system so I will make a quick tutorial that hopefully will help you!
If this didn't work for you or have some questions, feel free to post a reply!

Open the spoiler for the tutorial!
Spoiler: 
For this tutorial I will be using the image below as my signature, I recommend you use it as well so you can compare your result to the one here. Once yours is the same as mine, you can simply replace the image URL with your own signature!

Now there are two ways to use your signature and we will cover them both.

The first method - Uploading an image from your computer:
Spoiler: 

Step 1: We will use a photo-sharing website to upload the image from your computer so that we can use it on your signature, I highly recommend the website Imgur. Click the link to visit Imgur.
Note: The website is free for anyone to use, I am not responsible for anything anyone else has uploaded to it. Use at your own discretion.

Step 2: Find the "Upload Images" button and click it.

Step 3: Now either drag your image from your computer to box that pops-up or click "browse your computer" and select it that way.

Step 4: Now you should be able to click "Start Upload"

Step 5: It will start uploading your image, be patient! Once it is completed, it will bring you to your image.

Step 6: Right-click on your image and select "Copy image URL"

The second method - Using an image from the internet:

Spoiler: 
QUICK NOTE: Some image simply don't work due to the image URL not being supported, if this happens simply save the image to your computer and use the first method above!

Step 1: Right-click on the image you wish to use and select "Copy image URL"

Now that you have copied your image URL, we will now use that to make your signature.

Setting your Signature:
Spoiler: 
Now that we have the image you wish to use we will apply it to your signature. Complete the following steps!

Step 1: Visit your CP (control panel) by going to the top right of the page, highlighting your name and clicking "User CP". Alternatively, click here.

Step 2: On the far left of the page you will see multiple options, scroll down to the category "Settings & Options" and click "Edit Signature".

Step 3: Now here is the place you can make a new signature or edit an old one, you can even preview it before saving! This box has a few tags I recommend you mess around with. For a tutorial on how tags work, visit the "Signature Tags" section!

Step 4: Using the image tags, we will apply your signature. Copy the following code and paste your image URL to replace "YOUR IMG URL HERE".
NOTE: This will replace your image URL you already have copied so make sure to either paste that first or keep your image handy!

Code:
[IMG]YOUR IMG URL HERE[/IMG]
Now you're done, yay! Your signature should now work properly. For extra things you can do with your signature, visit the "Using Signature Tags" step to continue!

You should have your signature done now! You can go more advanced using Signature Tags below!

Using Signature Tags:

Spoiler: 
Here I will teach you how tags work and some of the tags that are available to you here.

Tags are basically little settings that you can use to make your post/signature look better. They work by using brackets. Now this system can be a bit complex at first so make sure to mess around with it for a bit to learn them!

This is an example of how tags work:
[This is the start of a tag] [/This is the end of a tag]
You can see that tags always end using a "/". Anything in-between these two tags will have the effect of whatever that tag is.

Here are some tags I recommend using on your signature:
Note: These will only show the starter tag (without brackets), make sure you add brackets & end the tag by repeating it and adding a "/" to the start of the ending tag! I do this because these tags affect this post otherwise.
CENTER - This tag will allow your signature to sit in the center of your post instead of being aligned to the left.
B - This tag make any text you have in-between bold.
Example of bold.
I - This tag will make any text in-between italic.
Example of italic.
U - This tag will make any text in-between underlined.
Example of underline.

All of these tags are represented by icons above your posts/signature page so make sure to explore them and figure out all the neat things you can do such as colour!

Sorry for the huge read, I hoped this helped!

I know why this was posted lol
Old 02-22-2015, 06:25 AM
Civilian

ZCoins: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhzr11 View Post
I know why this was posted lol
because ppl had problems with the signature, you dont have to be a scientist to understand that
Old 02-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Ranger

ZCoins: 870
Gamer IDs:
Gamertag: Uhzr12 Steam ID: Uhzr11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkaholic View Post
because ppl had problems with the signature, you dont have to be a scientist to understand that
Theres more to the story.